Lonely Planet, the tourist guide for the Eurometropolis
Do you want to explore the Eurometropolis, but don’t know where to start? Take the Lonely Planet Lille-Kortrijk-Tournai: the Eurometropolis with you and discover this rich cross-border region and its three main cities. The city of five bell towers, the vast landscapes of Wallonie Picarde, the Vieux-Lille district and its remarkable architecture, the historical sites from the first World War in Ypres and Kortrijk... The Eurometropolis will have no more secrets for you!
The guide and its contents
This 224 page tourist guide offers a complete overview of everything the Eurometropolis has to offer. The guide is subdivided into 5 themes:
- "The highlights”: the absolute must sees
- “Explore Lille, Kortrijk, Tournai: the Eurometropolis”
- “Something for everyone": architecture, cuisine, beer, events, boat trips etc.
- “Practical information”: transport and traffic
- “Past and present”: a bit of history
The guide also contains practical tips, such as itineraries for brief visits, information about public transport etc.
Thanks to the Lonely Planet Lille-Kortrijk-Tournai, you will not get lost. The guide contains several maps, for instance a map of the districts of Lille, a map of the different regions as well as several removable city maps.
Where can I buy it?
The guide is available in Dutch, French and English and can be found in most bookshops:
- In France: Fnac, Relais, Cultura, GMS (Carrefour, Auchan, Leclerc…) etc.
- In Belgium: Club, Fnac, Filigranes, Cook and Book, etc.
It is also possible to order online via:
In English :
In French :
In Dutch :